Do not forget:
Twenty-eight guardsmen have acknowledged firing from Blanket Hill. Of these, 25 fired 55 shots from rifles, two fired five shots from .45 caliber pistols, and one fired a single blast from a shotgun. Sound tracks indicate that the firing of these 61 shots lasted approximately 13 seconds. The time of the shooting was approximately 12:25 p.m.
Four persons were killed and nine were wounded. As determined by the FBI, their distances from the firing line and the types of wounds they received were as follows:
- Joseph Lewis, Jr., 20 yards, wounded in the right abdomen and the left lower leg.
- Thomas V. Grace, 20 yards, wounded in the left ankle.
- John R. Cleary, 37 yards, wounded in the left upper chest.
- Allen Michael Canfora, 75 yards, wounded in the right wrist.
- Jeffrey Glenn Miller, 85 to 90 yards, killed by a shot in the mouth.
- Dean R. Kahler, 95 to 100 yards, wounded in the left side of the small of his back. A bullet fragment lodged in his spine, and he is paralyzed from the waist down.
- Douglas Alan Wrentmore, 110 yards, wounded in the right knee.
- Allison B. Krause, 110 yards, killed by a bullet that passed through her left upper arm and into her left side
- James Dennis Russell, 125 to 130 yards, wounded in the right thigh and right forehead
- William K. Schroeder, 130 yards, killed by a shot in the left back at the seventh rib.
- Sandra Lee Scheuer,130 yards, killed by a shot through the left front side of the neck.
- Robert Stamps, 165 yards, wounded in the right buttock.
- Donald Scott Mackenzie, 245 to 250 yards, wounded in the left rear of the neck.